Friday, February 10, 2006

creatures in His presence

(disclaimer: sorry, i'm on this psalm kick)

it's hard for me to get my mind around Your holiness
and Your otherness
i don't know that i will ever understand who You are
Your nature & Your character are so far beyond me
and yet you come & call me by name
and still you hold my life in Your hands

we're not a people worthy of such all sustaining love
all forgiving love
we cannot pretend to deserve Your presence in our lives
Your nature & Your character, it speaks to who we are
for we are as the image of You
creation reflecting the Creator in You

creatures in You presence, calling You by name
may we all live a life that glorifies Your fame

1 comment:

Unknown said...

David, I mean Corey!

Sorry, your words rival those of the great psalmist himself.

May God continue to bless you with his presence,and may you continue to bless others with your words.

"Your name and renown are the desire of my heart!" Isa 26:8