Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Simple & Fun

Here's a quick 2 part blog for the day.

The Simple part... I've only been a dad for a little over four months, but I've already figured out what I enjoy most. 2 things really. 1st, I love to make my son smile. And 2nd, I love it even more when I can make him laugh. He's just over four months old, so tickling him doesn't work yet. So any smile or laugh you get isn't a cheap one. But when it happens, it's magic. It's a simple thought, but it just reminds me how our Heavenly Father must feel. I pray today that you will be watching for those times when He is trying to get you to smile & that you will notice when He attempts to make you laugh. Rest assured, whenever you do it brings great joy to His heart, as it does the heart of any father.

---

Just for fun, here are some of my current favorite links:

I have to start with blinklist. This is a great free tool to bookmark all your favorite sites. Once you Blink it, you can access your favorite web sites from anywhere, from any computer. It's cool & everyone should be into this. You can even share your blinklist!

Next, have you ever been to this web site? If you like t-shirts as much as I do, I think you'll like this fun place to shop, get fun shirt ideas, etc.

Then (& this should be no surprise) I like to keep up with my favorite musician in the world at this site. And his official site. And his label. Yes, his name is Chris Tomlin & No, he hasn't written a song I don't like.

Of course, I'll read this to keep up with the preachers. Mike Cope may have the most read blog in our brotherhood.

If you know me at all, you know I love college football. I keep up with the news as best I can at ESPNU.

For graphics, I lean heavily on iStockphoto, Church Artworks, Uthstuph, as well as some other sites for ideas & inspiration.

Of course, I'm a big fan of apple. I'm becoming a fan of flikr (a web photo hosting site), & then there are sites like BlogU that's cool to check out to get ideas for blogging & template advice.

I guess that's all for now. Adios & Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Such great thoughts and pictures! I would LOVE to know how in the world you added a picture & affects to your header though...

Alisha said...

Hey Shannon - well, I created my header & saved it as a jpg. Then I had to edit my template html. I went to the blogU website I referenced in this post to learn how to do that. Let me know if you have any trouble & I'll try to help you. Every template is different, so it may take a little work to figure it out. But press on, you'll get it!