Thursday, March 30, 2006

Faith

Faith & the idea of faith is something I've struggled with for a long while now. Lately, it's been on my mind. And "coincidentally" (if you believe in that), I decided today to start reading Beth Moore's book, "Believing God." I thought I'd share with you how she opens this book.

"Faith is the way believers jump on board with God & participate in countless wonderful things He has in mind to do. Faith happens when believers believe. Faith is an action verb that invites the exhilaration of holy participation. It's about getting out there where we can feel the wind of God's Spirit blowing in our faces. It's about learning that we don't have to put down the Sword of the Spirit (the Word of God) to raise up the Shield of Faith. The way I see it, that's why God gave us two hands. If we want to live abundantly & victoriously, we must pick up both. To pick up the Sword of the Spirit without the Shield of Faith is to shrivel and dry up in the desert of legalism. To pick up the Shield of Faith without the Sword of the Spirit is to try walking by faith on quicksand."

Challenging words. I pray my faith will become action & a reality I live out every day more fully.

No comments: