Monday, March 13, 2006

Psalm of Nick

On Thursday mornings I meet with a group of teens on this side of town for coffee, prayer, etc. We've been working our way through the Psalms since January. A few weeks ago, I encouraged them to write a psalm, & even be thinking about writing songs that we could sing. One of my heroes in our youth group, a Senior named Nick, took me up on the offer & wrote the following. I was pretty amazed by his words...

A Psalm of Nick.
The Lord guides me. He shines His light onto my path so that I may see. And many times I rebuke Him, and I explore the unknown paths not made for me. Yet the Lord still shines His light for me on my path. He showers me with His never ending grace and mercy. He wakes me with His sun and rests me in His moon and stars. O how I shout to Him and praise His for the blessings He gives me and then I turn my back. But still every day, I have my sun and my starry nights. O Father! Hear my praises, as I fall to my knees and thank You for Your unconditional love, for without it I'd be a withered, dead soul and so would all of mankind. Father, please help me to keep my paths straight, and to keep my praises high, for You, Father, are the supreme, most awesome being, and I fall to my knees and lift my hands and praise Your name forever.

1 comment:

jenna said...

Amazing.
Beautiful.
Wow...