Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Change

I've ignored this blog for so long, I don't think anyone checks it anymore. That's probably a good thing. In so many things I'm consistent, & in so many other things I'm inconsistent. This is one of those things. And while I doubt that will really change, I know I should be more faithful in putting my thoughts out there. If for no other reason than the simple fact that it forces me to think. So maybe this should change.

I've never been a fan of change for the sake of change. I'm not talking about the coinage rattling around in my pocket. I mean changes in life. Not all changes are good things, but in reality many are. Mostly, I find I'm most concerned with change that affects me. And yet that is such a godless approach to life.

Change should be a God centered event. I've always loved Abraham's story. God called him to a land he did not know. A direction he had never been before. Without reason & without explanation Abraham picked up his family & all his positions & went where God led him. I've always hoped I would have that kind of faith. The faith to make a God change in my life.

This year has been a year of change. The birth of our son has been the biggest change event in our lives this year. His introduction into the world was a God event. It's been a good change.

And more change is coming our way. I hope I can embrace change the way men of faith have always embraced it. With faith & trust in God. Knowing He has something better in mind. Perhaps change is just one more tool in God's box to draw us closer to Himself. I hope so. I look forward to the journey.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I check this blog frequently for upliftment, encouragement, and for my devotionals. Your insight is amazing. I am truly blessed and honored to call you my brother. Keep the thoughts coming. We have had a year FULL of changes, with Jaxon, Papa, Will, and so many other things, but through it all, we have been blessed, over-come the tough times, persevered through the tears,and laughed through the joyous times and become better for it all. And our family has become stronger. God bless us always and forever. "For the grass withers, and the flower fades, but the word of our Lord, stands forever!" Is. 40:8 The one thing that will Never Change!

Anonymous said...

Corey,

I check your blog every week, at least once, just for your thoughts. I'm proud of you, and I love you very much.
Dad